is it normal for an outlet to get warm?
No, the outlets in your home should feel the same as the temperature in the room. If your outlet is warm or hot to the touch it’s an indication of a problem, such as an overloaded circuit. An overloaded circuit or outlet is dangerous and can lead to a fire, so it’s important you address the issue right away. While the cause of the overheated outlet can vary, it’s important to have a professional electrician inspect your home to determine the source of the issue, how to resolve it, and helpful tips for preventing it in the future.
Benefits Of Upgrading Your Outlets
Older outlets are not grounded, which means they are not as safer as newer outlets. They also have to work much harder to meet the demands of newer, high-powered devices and appliances. If you have noticed cords falling out of the wall or flickering lights, your outlets may be beyond repair and require replacement. When old outlets are left in place too long, it can lead to potential hazards like house fires or shock.
Give us a call today at (310) 935-0674 for a free quote and more information about our Los Angeles outlet installation and repair services.