Los Angeles EV Charger Installation
Installation & Service of Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment
Do you own an electric vehicle which you would like to be able to charge at home? Installing a charging station may be worth the investment for the convenience and increased safety. At Brentwood Electrical Contractors, our expert electricians can help you determine if an electric car charging station is right for your residence. We can offer you the most advanced EVSE (electric vehicle supply equipment) options on the market and install it for you.
EVSE Installation Process
There are many benefits to owning an electric car, such as reducing your carbon footprint on the environment and saving money on gas. Similarly, having your own electric car charging station is a wise investment. You can trust our team of trained electricians to help you find the right place for your equipment and to ensure the installation process goes smoothly.
The installation process for an EV charger may include:
- Inspection of all EVSE equipment
- Inspection of the intended installation site
- Upgrading the electrical system, if necessary
- Installation of EVSE equipment
- Ensuring equipment meets code and permit requirements
- Inspecting equipment to ensure it works properly
The Benefits of Installing an EV Charger at Home
In Los Angeles, you're likely to have seen public EV chargers continue to pop up at grocery stores, malls, and even on certain streets. It's nice to know that you can give your car a quick charge while you're out and about, but what about when you're home?
The benefits of Los Angeles EV charger installation include:
- Cost savings: Not all public chargers are free to use, with some being pay-as-you-go or subscription based. Therefore, a home charger is much more cost-effective. You can charge your car overnight for as little as a few bucks per charge.
- Convenience: Are you tired of waiting around in a parking lot or loitering around a store while your car charges? Having an electrical car charging station installed at your home will give you the convenience of not having to go somewhere just to charge your car battery. Additionally, some areas do not have public chargers. So, if you're going on a long trip, you won't have to worry about running out of power.
- Safety: It's impossible to know how well public chargers are maintained. However, you can ensure that your own personal charger is safe to use and well-kept.
- Increased property value: As electric vehicles are becoming more and more mainstream, homes equipped with them will be even more desired, thus increasing the value of your property.
- Potential tax credits: Congress recently passed a retroactive federal tax credit for EV charger installation. Now, you have until December 31, 2021 to receive a tax credit for 30% of the cost of installation and equipment purchase.
Considering Buying an Electric Car?
If you have not yet purchased an electric vehicle but are considering doing so, we highly recommend it. If you require a vehicle to get around, an electric vehicle is one of the most cost-effective and energy-efficient forms of transportation you can choose. Now that it has become increasingly easy to have an electric car charging station, there are very few reasons to not make the switch. However, we are not electric car salesmen and are only here to assist you with the installation of the charging port once you make a decision.