Why You Should Invest in a Home EV Charging Station
In Los Angeles, you're likely to have seen public EV chargers continue to pop up at grocery stores, malls, and even on certain streets. It's nice to know that you can give your car a quick charge while you're out and about, but what about when you're home?
Benefits of Los Angeles EV charger installations include:
- Cost savings: Not all public chargers are free to use, with some being pay-as-you-go or subscription based. Therefore, a home charger is much more cost-effective. You can charge your car overnight for as little as a few bucks per charge.
- Convenience: Are you tired of waiting around in a parking lot or loitering around a store while your car charges? Having an electrical car charging station installed at your home will give you the convenience of not having to go somewhere just to charge your car battery. Additionally, some areas do not have public chargers. So, if you're going on a long trip, you won't have to worry about running out of power.
- Safety: It's impossible to know how well public chargers are maintained. However, you can ensure that your own personal charger is safe to use and well-kept.
- Increased property value: As electric vehicles are becoming more and more mainstream, homes equipped with them will be even more desired, thus increasing the value of your property.
- Potential tax credits: Congress recently passed a retroactive federal tax credit for EV charger installation. Now, you have until December 31, 2021 to receive a tax credit for 30% of the cost of installation and equipment purchase.